About FST Magazine
FST (South African Food Science and Technology) is the official magazine for members of the South African Association for Food Science and Technology (SAAFoST).
This tri-annual publication (April, July and November) provides a reliable, scientific resource for food scientists, technologists and manufacturers in the food industry. It features:
- local scientific articles that reflect the diverse research taking place in South Africa today
- technical articles and scientific papers of interest from company principals and scientists
- summaries of theses or published research by postgraduate students
- SAAFoST branch events and news
- extracts from international scientific publications, journals and magazines
- articles written by local and international experts in their fields
- a diary of local and international food-industry events and conferences
- updates on food legislation
- industry trends and innovations
As the official association serving food scientists and technologists as well as other professionals and allied industries in South Africa, FST seeks to promote education and knowledge.